November 2, 2016 Posted by: Wouter Vermeersch
Tier 1 Chinese solar panel producers Q4 2016
= 1. Jinko Solar
* 2. GCL
↓ 3. Trina Solar
↓ 4. Canadian Solar
↓ 5. JA Solar
↓ 6. Yingli Solar
↓ 7. Risen Energy
↓ 8. Talesun
↓ 9. Suntech
↓ 10. Astronergy
↓ 11. Eging PV
↓ 12. CSUN
YEARLY PRODUCTION CAPACITY
- Chinese solar producer GCL, is included in the Tier 1 list of Chinese solar panel producers. Golden Concord Ltd (GCL) is the world’s largest crystalline silicon wafer producer and one of the most vertically integrated solar companies, with activities from polysilicon production, through cell, module and project development. GCL was part of the price undertaking between China and the EU, but accounced on October 31, 2016 to voluntary withdraw from the minimum import price (MIP) framework. The decision implies that all large Chinese PV manufacturers have now left the MIP: Jinko, Trina, Canadian and JA.
- Larger companies remaining in the price agreement, include Yingli and Risen Energy. However, in October ’16 the EU Commission proposed to remove Risen Energy, due to alleged violations of the arrangements. This would only leave Yingli in the price undertaking, but that brand is currently hardly active on the European market.
This alternative list of Chinese Tier 1 solar panel producers is based on our own market analysis and extensive network of sector contacts. Producers are ranked according to their production capacity and based on the following criteria in European context:
– Bankability: projects with these solar panels are financed by European banks;
– Legality: the solar panels are freely importable into the European Union, without import or retroactive duty, either from China under the EU-China price agreement (MIP), either from a third country with non-Chinese cells;
– Financial health: producers involved in insolvency proceedings or bankruptcy are excluded from the list;
– Technical conformity: the producers have the necessary European certificates (IEC, MCS, etc.) and have not been rejected in our factory inspections.
Disclaimer: This list is a personal impression of the Managing Director of Cleantec Trade and is not legally binding the organisation. Cleantec Trade does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of this information and does not take any liability for this information.